Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't say I didn't warn you

Attention to all customers:

June of last year I raised my hourly fees. This year, I'm going to change my package prices. I've priced some exceptionally attractive packages, but I'm losing time and money on the deals.

I'm going to phase in new prices incrementally over the next several months.

Starting February 1st, I'm going to raise all the package prices on the website and any new work proposals that go out will be at the new prices -- and that raise in prices will be about 10% per month until approximately November. Proposals always go out with an acceptance clause ("prices are good if you respond within X days"), and starting February 1st, work proposal acceptance clauses will be strictly adhered to. If you call the next month, after your offer has expired, the price will go up.

I will extend a courtesy for proposals that expired in January: Any proposal that expires in January can be locked in at the old rate if you sign a project agreement and submit a deposit before February 15th. Proposals that expired before January need to be re-estimated. Deadlines will also need to be changed, and it will be reflected in your work proposal.

Any customers whose proposals expired before January should request a new proposal for their work. It will give my new proposal system a good test and keep me busy.

Money Saving Tips:

  1. If your proposal or project agreement expired before January, request a new proposal or agreement and accept by February 15th or the expiration date, whichever is later.

  2. If your proposal or project agreement expires in January, sign a project agreement by February 15th.

  3. If you miss the boat, you'll pay more.

1 comment: